1. Jill spoke with a member of the Ghanian Ministry of the Environment and received a Ghana swag-bag. Gilbert and Greg spoke with the same man. . .and received nothing.
2. Pra caught up with her cousin from Nepal who is also attending COP 21. Both native Nepali, they discussed Nepali youth perspectives verse government stance.
3. Jill and Pra learned that Palm Oil is causing massive amounts of deforestation in Peru. While the Peruvian government claims to be taking a stand against deforestation, indigenous groups feel the government is more talk than action.
4. Jill and Pra met Hilaria Supa Huamán, a member of the Peruvian Parliament who has been participating in the negotiations and giving a voice to the Indigenous People of Peru.
5. Pra discovered that the Green Climate Fund, which is set to reach one hundred billion by 2020, will not suffice. The actual projected need is closer to four hundred billion.
6. Jill spoke with an organization entirely dedicated to Potatoes. This organization, the International Potato Center works on research and development of the potato which is a key food crop for more than a billion people worldwide.
7. After a long, fun, exhausting day, Jill and Pra took the incorrect shuttle bus, landing them in a previously undiscovered part of the city. But with their ingenuity and excellent French (meaning none) they managed to make it back to the hotel.
8/12/2015 02:48:59 am
Great day out! Lots of really interesting information! Thanks for being such great representatives of the college!
13/12/2015 02:36:19 pm
Its really amazing how many people get together for this! There's so many opinions that are taken in and it will benefit many people. Would you say that it was a success?
Leave a Reply.